Legislator of the Year (2016) – Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- For Scott’s support of San Diego’s world-class biotech industry including advocating for increased research funding, blocking bad patent legislation that would have harmed innovation, and efforts to delay and repeal the harmful medical device tax.
Hero of Main Street (2016) – National Retail Federation
- For Scott’s support of small businesses including international trade, infrastructure investment, tax reform and labor issues.
Congressional Leadership Award (2016) Semiconductor Industry Association
- In recognition of Scott’s support for policies that are vital to sustaining a strong and vibrant semiconductor industry in the U.S.
Innovation Award (2016) – Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance
- In recognition of Scott's championing medical innovation, bolstering job creation and improving patient care through medical device tax suspension.
Fiscal Hero (2016) – Fix the Debt
- For Scott’s fiscally responsible votes and work to improve the nation's fiscal situation.
Humane Advocate Award (2016) – Humane Society
- For Scott’s 100% Rating from the Humane Society on votes related to animal welfare and the Endangered Species Act.
Problem Solver Seal of Approval (2016, 2014) – No Labels
- “His pragmatic approach to problem solving is a model from which all elected officials and their constituents can learn and benefit. From job creation to healthcare to energy and the environment, Rep. Peters is steadfast in his effort to forge sensible, bipartisan policies that meet the needs of all Americans.”
Fueling Growth Award (2016) – Growth Energy
- For Scott’s support of innovative biofuel research.
Elected Official of the Year (2015, 2014, 2007) – BIOCOM
- Scott was the first legislator to be recognized as BIOCOM’s elected official of the year for two consecutive years. He also won the award in 2007 when he was city council president. The award honors his support for San Diego’s life science and biotech communities that are creating high-quality jobs and developing new and innovative treatments to help patients.
Sara Moser Award (2015) – Planned Parenthood Action Fund of the Southwest
- The award, named after the woman who began San Diego’s chapter of Planned Parenthood, honors Scott for excellence and leadership in advocating for reproductive health care. Scott has also been endorsed by Planned Parenthood.
Friend of the National Parks Award (2015) – National Parks Foundation
- Honors Scott’s 100% voting record on issues that address the health, conservation, and sustainability of our national parks.
Champion of Healthcare Innovation (2015) - Healthcare Leadership Council
- Recognizes Scott’s support of patient-centered medical progress and work to protect Medicare choices for seniors.
Commitment to Service Award (2015) – The Moyer Foundation
- For Scott’s support of military families.
Friend of We Chinese (2015) - We Chinese in America Magazine
- For Scott’s support of We Chinese Magazine and San Diego’s Chinese-American community.
Artissmo Legislator of the Year (2015) – San Diego County Art Education Association
- For Scott’s support of arts education in schools.
Federal Legislator of the Year (2015) – California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Recognizes Scott’s bill to expand the number of marriage and family therapists that can be hired by the VA to provide mental health care for veterans and their families.
Legislator of the Year (2015) – American Society of Transplantation
Visionary Award (2014) – California Healthcare Institute
- This award recognizes Scott’s efforts to advance sound public policy and legislation for the biotech sector that employs more than 270,000 Californians in pursuit of new medicines and technologies for patients in need around the world.
Distinguished Service Award (2014) – Golden Rule Society
- For Scott’s support of the Golden Rule Society, a non-profit started by Navy Veteran Len Kaine that advocates on behalf of children and military families. Scott nominated Len Kaine for a Nobel Peace Prize in 2014.
Invaluable Leadership Award (2000-2008) – San Diego Fire-Rescue Department
- For Scott’s unwavering support of San Diego’s firefighters during his time on city council and as City Council President.
Project of the Year Award (2008, 2006, 2005, 2004) – American Public Works Associations
- La Jolla Parkway Reconfiguration Project; North Torrey Pines Road Bridge over Los Penasquitos Creek; Camino Del Sur Bridge over Lusardi Creek; Bird Rock Traffic Flow Improvement Project.
For Outstanding Service to the Board of Directors (2007-2008) – League of California Cities
President’s Award (2007) – Asian Business Association of San Diego
Advocate for Business Award (2006) – San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
Golden Gear Award (2005) – San Diego County Bicycle Coalition
Award for Outstanding Project (2003) – American Society of Civil Engineers, San Diego Section
For Contributions to Transit (2000-2003) – Metropolitan Transit Development Board
Clean Water Champion (2002) – Clean Water Project